Coffee House

1.Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

2.Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

3.Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates.The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

It doesn't concern me. (Variant 1)

"It doesn't concern me."

How shameless can you be? Jessica Lall was murdered in full view of so many potential eye-witnesses. Yet, her murderer is not convicted. I don't understand how Shayan, the key eye-witness had the nerve to say,

"I have no suggestions or comments. It does not concern me. It happened seven years ago and I have moved on. My life has moved on. I've never looked back, so thank you."

It does not concern you?! I'm surprised the TV channels that reported this quote didn't express any shock. What does he mean, "seven years ago"? That's all the more reason to testify. As they say, justice delayed is justice denied.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Vijay said…

    First of all, glad to have provoked a comment :-).

    I don't know if I would have testified if I was threatened, because I've never been in that place. Nobody knows how he/she would respond in that atmosphere of fear, because it doesn't happen to everyone. I would be a self-righteous ass to say that I would have stuck to my principles in those circumstances. Maybe I would have. Or maybe not. I just don't know.

    But I can say that I would not have said what he said. If he had said something stupid the day after the incident, that would have been another matter. He's had seven years to think things over. Heck, even a simple 'no comment' would have been better.

    While we're talking of Shayan, here's a hilarious interview of his.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Vijay said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home