Coffee House

1.Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got.

2.Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

3.Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates.The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Clarity



Every man has a history and it is this history, which supports/defines a character of a human being. Learning life’s ways is a very slow process and we accumulate a lot of knowledge about the world as we grow. This process forms some basic beliefs in us, which act as the network of our interaction. Relationship, which is defined by human being, is just in conformance with these beliefs. With every new relationship some of our basic beliefs are questioned. Though in relationship beliefs are exclusive sometimes they do confront. What should happen then? Should we change our beliefs? or adaptation is best way of survival? In both cases are we not deforming our own character? If both have to retain originality how can a truce established? Is it permanent? How long will that last? When it does blow out disproportionately does that relationship snap? Is there any way it can survive? Or changing role of relationship is correct way of surviving it?

She says, “History is the fiction we invent to persuade ourselves that events are knowable and that life has order and direction. That's why events are always reinterpreted when values change. We need new versions of history to allow for our current prejudices.” She also says, “I think too much and feel too little”, is that right?

I ask her what is clarity? Is that just an illusion? For which she says…

You see me
In ways few dare
And I reveal to you
Everything
Sometimes things
I don't want to see

You force me
To put into words
The thoughts of a man
The feelings of a child
The actions of one
Who is too scared
To speak

You read me
An open book am I
Yet I'll try
Every means possible
To keep you from
Turning the pages

I will do anything
To protect myself
No matter how immature
Or insincere
I cannot risk exposure
Some things are best not heard
Or seen

I fool myself
But never you
I'm trying too hard
To avoid the truth
With petty actions
And nonsense

You see me
Alone
Confused
Naked

You see everything I am
And all that I am not

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home